Freezer Meals For New Moms
For any woman who has had more than one child, you know just how exhausting it is after a baby comes along. This exhaustion doesn’t last for a mere day or two, but usually a couple of weeks. New babies eat around the clock and that makes for little sleep for new moms. One of the best ways to ensure you are still getting adequate nutrition (which also will keep your energy up) is by having simple meals prepared that can easily be tossed in the over or slow cooker. This list is perfect for make ahead freezer meals for new moms!
Things You Will Need:
- Make a list of meals that your family will eat. I have a list of ten meals that are similar to or what we actually eat on a regular basis. Our meals are what is included in this post.
- Find recipes on Pinterest for freezer meals, there are a ton! Then put them all into a word document so they are all laid out at one time to see. You don’t want to be stuck making these meals and trying to flip through our phone’s tabs to find the recipe you’re currently working on.
- Write out your grocery list and all the containers you will need. You can go a step further and plan your side dishes as well. I did this because the objective for me is to make post baby shopping and cooking as simple as possible.
- Go shopping!
- Now you can either start right when you get home or set aside a few hours one day to knock it all out. It took me about two hours to get it all put together and labeled. I would definitely make sure you have your freezer cleaned out and ready to go so you aren’t stuck with nowhere to put all of this food.
List of Meals
- Cool Ranch Tacos, Refried Beans
- Honey Teriyaki Chicken, Rice, Broccoli
- Teriyaki Pork Chops, Rice, Stir Fry Vegetables
- Smothered Pork Chops, Yellow Rice, Peas
- Beef & Bean Burritos
- French Toast Casserole, Scrambled Eggs, Sausage Patties
- Chicken Parmesan, Pasta, Salad
- Beef Tips, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
- Pork & Sauerkraut, Mashed Potatoes, Corn
- Taco Casserole
Cool Ranch Tacos
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- 1 pack dry ranch dressing mix
Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to to three months.
When ready to cook, thaw overnight in refrigerator or in morning in water.
Follow cooking directions above.
Serve on soft tortillas. We had refried beans as a side.
Honey Teriyaki Chicken
- 1.5 lb chicken breast
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tsp diced garlic
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Add to Sauce at End
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
Place all ingredients into freezer bag.
When ready to cook, thaw in fridge over night. Add to slow cooker on low 4-6 hours.
We had this with rice & a bag of frozen broccoli.
Teriyaki Pork Chops
- 6 Pork Chops
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
Place all in gallon freezer bag. When ready to cook just thaw and place in slow cooker. Cook on low 4-6 hours.
We had rice & frozen stir fry vegetables as a side.
Smothered Pork Chops
- 6 bone-in pork chops
- 1 pack onion soup mix
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 pack dry pork gravy mix
- 1 tsp garlic powder
To thicken sauce
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
Place all in a gallon freezer bag. When ready to cook just thaw it out and throw into the slow cooker. Cook on low 4-6 hours. Add sauce thickening ingredients during last 20 minutes of cooking.
We had this with yellow rice and peas as a side.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 26 oz can ranch style beans
- 10 burrito size flour tortillas
- 8 oz mild cheddar cheese block
Brown ground beef. Drain any fat that comes off (if you use lean ground beef then you won't need to do this step). Stir in the ranch style beans and let simmer for a few minutes. Shred the cheddar cheese while the beef and beans simmer. Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 15 seconds.
Heat a skillet to medium. Place the beef and bean mixture in the center of tortilla and top with some of the cheese. Fold in the side and then roll the burrito up. Place in the skillet for about 1.5 minutes on each side (just long enough to brown and seal the burrito).
Let burritos cool and then wrap each in foil. Place in a gallon sized bag to freeze. To reheat just remove foil and wrap burrito in paper towel. Microwave on high for three minutes or until heated through.
Overnight French Toast Casserole
- 1/2 loaf bread (I use french bread)
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 cups milk
- 4 tbsp sugar (divided)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Spray bottom of pan with cooking spray or coat with melted butter. Cut bread into chunks and spread evenly in a 9×13 pan.
Mix together eggs, milk, 2 Tablespoons of sugar, salt, and vanilla. Pour over bread. Mix to coat (feel free to get your hand dirty).
In a small separate bowl mix together 2 Tablespoons of sugar and 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture over the entire pan until it is gone.
Cover with foil and freeze. When you are ready, thaw overnight in fridge. Cook in 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes until golden brown.
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 8 oz mozzarella (shredded)
Place all ingredients except cheese in your freezer bag and put into the freezer. Place contents in your crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. Once it is cooked, top with shredded mozzarella cheese. We served ours over angel hair pasta with a side salad.
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pack brown gravy
- 1 tsp beef bouillon granules
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup water
- 2 lbs stew meat
Place all ingredients into your freezer bag and freeze. Put contents in your crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
Pork & Sauerkraut
- 2 lbs boneless pork ribs
- 1 28 oz jar sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Place all ingredients in a gallon size freezer bag. When ready to cook, thaw overnight in fridge. Place all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low 4-6 hours.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 shredded zucchini (optional)
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can rotel
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 8 oz mild cheddar cheese (shredded)
First brown your ground turkey. Add in chopped onions and zucchini (this is optional but adds nutritional value and flavor) and cook until soft.
Stir in Taco seasoning seasoning.
Add corn, tomatoes and beans.
Spray 1 9x13 pans with non stick spray. Spoon 1 cups of rice into the bottom of each pan, spreading it out evenly.
Spoon the meat mixture over the rice.
Top with the shredded cheese.
Cover with foil and label. To reheat, let thaw overnight in fridge. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes covered with the foil. Then remove foil and cook until the top is nice and brown.
That Is It
So it took me about two hours and now I have roughly two weeks worth of meals for the family after baby is born. It is super simple to do and even if you’re not a new mom, but know someone who is expecting then this is such a nice gift. You will definitely be glad to have some simple meals on hand after baby because the exhaustion is REAL!
What are some of your favorite freezer meals? Let me know in the comments!
From newborn through the first year. Schedules with each transitional phase in mind.